Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mexican Deviled Eggs


Insert mexican hat dance.



How did I end up with "Mexican" deviled eggs?  Well, we have had "Mexican" food for Thanksgiving for the past few years.  I look forward to Satanic Eggs each fall, but realized that without traditional Thanksgiving food I was stuck, so this year I decided to slip them in.  I went to the interweb and looked for a recipe and found lots of recipes that contained everything for regular Satanic Eggs with the addition of jalapenos.

I wasn't surprised by the laziness of these recipes so I made my own.

FIRST boil a load of eggs, peel, cut in half, and remove yolk.

Now mix the yolks in a bowl with the follwoing.

minced onion
minced cilantro
Valentino or Chalula sauce
Sour Cream
Chile Powder
minced tomato
minced garlic
adobo 
salt

Next take one pickled jalapeno and place it in the hollow egg white.  Then fill the egg with the yolk mixture.  Don't tell your guests of the jalapeno, because it makes for great conversation.  Put a big fat black olive on top.  Finally sprinkle with paprika and cayenne pepper.  Again, no need to mention the cayenne pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment